Each MCDL location has public computers available for use with your library card number. Our computers have the following software available for your use: Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher) and Internet Explorer 8.
All MCDL library locations have free, filtered wireless Internet access available.
Have a question? Text us! Text "MCDL" to 66746 to have staff from MCDL libraries answer your questions during library hours. You can also use the text service from KnowItNow to have your questions answered 24/7, just text knowitnow to 66746. Librarians around Ohio respond to text message questions. Your reply will be sent to your phone as soon as possible after it is received.
Faxing Services are available at all Medina County District Libraries. Send faxes for $1.00 per page. The Library only sends faxes. It does not receive faxes for members.
Copy machines are available at all MCDL locations. Copies can be made for $.10 each.
With an MCDL library card you are able to print 5 free pages per day. Additional pages cost $.10 each.
We'll put your library items in a locker for you!
Simple as 1-2-3
1. Call the library.
2. Have your library card number ready
3. Pick up your materials in the locker using the last 7 digits of your library card number.
The answer to your busy schedule.
The Medina, Brunswick, Highland, Lodi and Seville libraries each have areas where parents and children can enjoy the educational toys we provide.
MCDL participates in nationwide resource sharing of circulating materials, using interlibrary loan services. Loan periods, including renewals, will conform to MCDL’s lending policies.
Members will be charged a $5.00 processing fee for each interlibrary loan request, regardless of whether MCDL is able to obtain the requested item. A member who agrees to pay lender fees up to $15.00 will be charged for any lender fees up to that amount for the requested item. If a member chooses to not pay lender fees, his/her request will be processed only through the free lending string.
MCDL libraries offer tax forms to the public. The library receives various forms and publications from the IRS and the State. Not all forms are available at the same time and not all branches carry the same publications.
Voters registrations forms are available at and can be turned in at all MCDL locations.
You are qualified to register to vote in Ohio if you meet all the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of the United States;
- You will be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election. (If you will be 18 on or before November 4, you may vote in the primary election for candidates, but you cannot vote on issues until you are 18);
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote;
- You are not incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction under the laws of this state, another state or the United States;
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court; and
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws.
The library must receive registration forms 30 days before the next election.
If the person is eligible, the voter registration form must be typed or printed clearly using black pen. (Forms filled in with pencil cannot be accepted.)
Any qualified Ohio voter may request and vote an absentee ballot without stating a reason.
The Medina County Board of Elections must receive absentee ballot applications by noon on the Saturday before the election. The Library must receive them on the Wednesday in advance of the election to meet the Board of Elections deadline. Any applications received after that day cannot be guaranteed to make it to the Board of Elections on time.
However, you should submit your request as far in advance of the election as possible to ensure there is sufficient time for the board to mail you a ballot and for you to timely return that ballot.