Love the Library? Apply to be an MCDL Trustee
Do you have a passion for lifelong learning and a dedication to the mission and vision of the library?
Consider applying to serve on the MCDL Board of Trustees.
The seven year appointment begins Jan. 1, 2022 and ends Dec. 31, 2028.
Download the application.
Return application by Mon., Nov. 1, 2021, to the Commissioners Office, 144 N. Broadway St., Medina, Ohio 44256
Ideal candidates are:
- Dedicated to intellectual freedom.
- Willing to position the library for success.
- Able to represent the voices of the library community they serve.
Board of Trustees Responsibilities
- Serve a seven-year term.
- Attend and participate in all regular and special meetings of the board. Regular meetings are held on the third Monday of every month at 6:00 pm. Serve on at least one committee and be available for committee meetings as needed.
- Develop policies for the orderly operation of the library.
- Serve as the link between the library and the community. Be an advocate who understands the vital role the library plays in the community.
- Review and approve the library budget.
- Oversee the evaluation and hiring of the library Director and Fiscal Officer.
- Share a commitment to intellectual freedom.
- Must be a qualified elector (registered voter) of the MCDL service area.