Find the help you need
- COVID RAPID AT-HOME TEST KITS (updated 9/14/21)
MCDL IS OUT OF COVID TEST KITS. We are unsure when we will receive a delivery from the state.
DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDINGS TO REQUEST A KIT.
Once restocked, test kits are only available by Curbside or Locker pickup and may be requested by calling your local branch.
- Patrons must provide a name, email, and date of birth upon request to receive a kit.
- Contact-free distribution will be arranged through curbside or Locker service.
- Rapid tests are not returned to the library.
- Patrons experiencing Covid-19 symptoms are NOT to enter the libraries.
- Patrons are not permitted to host telemedicine sessions in the library.
Patrons must download the NAVICA app and schedule a live, virtual tele-med visit to complete the test and receive results.
Test users must have the necessary technology to administer the test. This includes an Apple or Android phone/tablet, an email address, and internet connection. If you do not have any one of these requirements this may not be the test for you. Find testing centers in Medina County.
The Abbot BinaxNOW Rapid Covid-19 Antigen At-Home Test Kit is provided in partnership with the Medina County Health Department and the Ohio Governor's Office. According to the Medina County Health Department, the tests are intended for people experiencing symptoms. Rapid tests are highly effective in diagnosing Covid-19 when symptoms are present. The tests are not recommended for people who do not have symptoms.
Paper instructions will accompany each test. Covid-19 At-Home Test Instructions
- COVID-19 VACCINE CLINICS AT MCDL
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN TIMES. LOCATIONS ARE THE SAME
Monthly Walk-In vaccine clinics continue on Fridays through December at select MCDL locations.
All clinics are 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm, administer all three vaccines, and are hosted by the Medina County Health Department.
Highland Library - Sept. 10, Oct. 1, Nov. 5, Dec. 3
Buckeye Library - Sept. 17, Oct. 15, Nov. 19, Dec. 17
Lodi Library - Sept. 24, Oct. 22
Appointments may still be made through the ArmorVax App but not required. Walk-in appointments are always available.
- Medina County Health Department Covid-19 Vaccine Information –
Qualifying citizens are encouraged to register for the vaccine at the Health Department with the ArmorVax app. Vaccine registration and COVID information available at medinahealth.org/vaccine.
Avoiding Scams and Misinformation
- Ohio Department of Health's COVID-19 Checklist for Avoiding Scams
- Ohio Attorney General and Recognizing and Reporting Possible Scams flyer and brochure.
- Snopes – A thorough special report from the oldest-fact checking site online, The Coronavirus Collection: Fact-Checking COVID-19, helps you navigate through false statistics, quotes, treatments, and more misleading information.
- Medina County Office for Older Adults – facilitates help with meal delivery, grocery shopping, and supplying food staples for seniors. Visit their web site or call 330-723-9514.
- Telephone and Computer Resources for Combating Loneliness and Social Isolation in Our Older Adults – Learn about ways to combat isolation with this helpful document.
- Medina County Health Department
- Ohio Department of Health
- Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services – Resources from this site can help manage the distress many are feeling due to Covid-19.
- Recovery Center Of Medina County
- Hope Recovery Community – Check their Facebook Page for daily updates and for a list of online recovery meetings, activities and other resources. Many online meetings are still available for people who need support.
- Alternative Paths – www.alternativepaths.org 330-725-9195 - Alternative Paths is dedicated to providing an array of quality behavioral healthcare services designed to meet the needs of the residents of Medina County and surrounding areas.
Other Helpful Resources
- JOG – Jobs for Ohio's Graduates – offers in-school and out of school training and subsidized work programs. They help with the skills to get you a job, and then help you secure work.
- Ohio Means Jobs – medinacountyworks.com 330-723-9675 – provides a full range of free assistance to job seekers under one roof; offers classes, career counseling and coaching, job listings, and job matching services.
- Unemployment Help – Ohio Department of Job and Family Services – can help if you need information on filing a claim for unemployment, tips or frequently asked questions.
- 211 – 211 First Call for Help - Get help to locate food pantries, hot meals, temporary shelter and more in your service area. If you are looking for any social service or local agency for a person who may be in need of assistance, feel free to call 2-1-1 or 1-888-330-4211 for referrals or visit their site to chat online.
- Feeding Medina County – look for information on pick up times and locations and contact them for how to get involved to help.
- Community Action – Visit https://www.cawm.org/ or call 330-723-2229 for information about their health, education, economic and transportation programs and services.
MCDL collaborates with a variety of partners to fulfill our mission. Below are some of the organizations MCDL has worked with during the past few years. If your non-profit group or organization is interested in partnering with us please contact Director Julianne Bedel at 330-722-6235, Ext. 2901.
- Food & Housing Assistance
- Community Action Wayne/Medina: www.cawm.org
- Feeding Medina County: http://www.feedingmedinacounty.org
- Main Street Medina: www.mainstreetmedina.com
- Medina City Schools: www.medinabees.org
- Medina County Art League: https://www.facebook.com/medinacountyartleague
- Medina County Arts Council: http://www.medinacountyartscouncil.org
- Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities: https://www.mcbdd.org
- Medina County Career Center: https://mcjvs.edu
- Medina County Convention & Visitors Bureau: https://www.visitmedinacounty.com
- Medina County Family First Council: http://www.familyfirstmedina.org
- Medina County Park District: http://www.medinacountyparks.com
- Medina County Genealogical Society: http://www.medinacoogs.org
- Medina County Health Department: https://www.medinahealth.org
- Medina County Historical Society: http://www.medinahistorical.com
- Medina County Job and Family Services: http://www.mcjfs.us
- Medina County Office for Older Adults: http://www.mcooa.org
- Medina County Sheriff's Department: http://www.medinasheriff.com
- Medina County Soil and Water Conservation District: http://www.medinaswcd.org
- ORMACO (Ohio Regional Music, Arts, and Cultural Outreach): https://ormaco.org/
- Project: LEARN: http://projectlearnmedina.org
- SHC - The Arc of Medina County: http://shc-medina.org
- United Way of Medina County: http://www.unitedwaymedina.org
- WIC of Medina County: https://medinahealth.org/people/wic/