Located in the Lodi Library, the Recording Studio allows users to record, compose, and mix their own music and record, podcasts, voice tracks and more.
- Mac computer station
- GarageBand and Reaper software
- Professional microphones, pop filter and headphones
- Effects box, DI box and Scarlett audio mixer
- Improved soundproofing
- Two external speakers
- No food or drink in the studio.
- Library Rules of Conduct apply.
- Complete online training before use.
Please become familiar with the Garage Band or Reaper software and Recording Studio hardware prior to first use. Go to Research & Learning page to access the GarageBand Essential Training Course on Lynda.com. The training is 4 hours, but viewing Getting Started lessons will provide enough instruction to begin working in the Studio.
Please note: library staff is unable to provide training or assistance in the use of recording studio software and equipment.
Studio users are guaranteed a minimum of two hours per session and may continue past two hours if no one else is waiting.